Politics General News

3 Lashkar-e-Taiba Terrorists Killed In Baramulla

3 Lashkar-e-Taiba Terrorists Killed In Baramulla

On Monday, a fight between Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists and Indian forces resulted in the martyrdom of four security personnel including- a soldier, two CRPF constables and an SPO. Apart from this, the Indian security forces successfully killed 3 Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists in the fight. 

This incident took place in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district. 

Dilbagh Singh, DGP of J&K said among all the slain ultras, Sajad aka Haider aka Raja was the top commander who has been given the task to recruit Kashmiri youth for terrorist activities. 

Further, the DGP said- “Sajad was considered one of the most-wanted terrorist commanders in J&K. He joined the terrorist ranks in the winter of 2016 and operated on the lines of slain Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani, luring local youth into terrorism. We have arrested at least 20 such youth who were recruited by Sajad, besides many overground workers,” Source- Times of India. 

He gave this statement while in a press conference held on Monday. 

As per the reports, around at 9:30 A.M, the trio of terrorists entered the Indian boundaries through the orchards in Kreeri and immediately targeted a joint team of security personnel appointed at the check post at Tindim Village. During this, the terrorists killed SPO Muzaffar Ahmad while severely wounding two CRPF constables- Lavkush Sudarshan Sharma and Khurshid Khan. Unfortunately, the CRPF constables succumbed while on the way to the hospital for treatment. 

Soon after this, the terrorists snatched the weapons from the security personnel and entered the IGP (Kashmir range). 

DGP said- “Minutes after the attack, the special operations group of J&K Police chased the terrorists and one was injured just at the bund, a few metres away from the attack site. He later managed to sneak into the orchards,” Source: Times of India. 

Further, he added- “In the meantime, SOG men surrounded the orchards and were later joined by the Army and CRPF. One of the terrorists, who was sitting on a tree, started firing at the forces. He was shot dead first, followed by the injured terrorist,” Source: Times of India. 

For more updates, stay tuned with us!

Source: Times of India