Bombay HC stays on Kangana Ranaut’s office

42
Bombay HC stays on Kangana Ranaut’s office
Bollywood Hungama / CC BY

Yesterday the Bombay High Court gave its consent on the demolition of Kangana’s office in Bandra West which had started by the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation. The court also said that if the BMC and MCGM would work this swiftly then there would never be any unauthorized construction in the city. 

After Kangana arrived in Mumbai with her sister from her hometown Himachal was shocked to hear that BMC had started demolishing her office with unauthorised construction around 10.30 am (IST) and by the time HC passed a stay order 80% of the extensions were demolished.

Prior to this event on Monday, one of the BMC official had made an inspection  to the Kangana’s Bandra office, using  original plan for reference later that day a 24-hour notice was put on the gate the next day where they had explicitly mentioned that if no reply on this within 24hrs the action will be taken. 

Here are the updates that followed the event till date: 

– Kangana tweeted a video in Hindi directly addressing the CM Uddhav Thackeray and also to the Bollywood Mafia. She also said that now she can connect with what Kashmiri Pandits have been going through.

– As of today Mumbai police have made security arrangements for her at her residence in Khar and Bandra bungalow cum office.

–  There is also another notice on the building where she has a flat and which has to be directly answered by the builder which indirectly belongs to Sharad Pawar and Kangana said she bought this flat from his partner and he will be questioned further.

– There has been rumoured that BMC had already sent notice prior to Monday. And as no reply from the star made them take strict action.

– Kangana’s home quarantine issues are also on and as she says she will return back to Chandigarh by 15th September