Considering the present circumstances and worrying about the travel industry, the CEOs of more than 14 travel companies have sent a letter to the President of the United States. Donald Trump insisted that the administration should run improved COVID-19 tests to save the country’s economy and its businesses.
The letter reads- “The travel industry has aggressively gathered data on the coronavirus outbreak and its fallout in order to inform our exhaustive deliberations on best health practices, trends and attitudes among travel consumers, and the proper timing of a safe reopening of the American travel economy,” Source: Forbes.
Further, the letter continued, “Analysis of the data leads to the conclusion that broader testing—in concert with other key factors such as a robust federal policy framework of relief and stimulus, rigorous health and safety standards adopted by travel-related businesses, and the universal embrace of good health practices (such as the wearing of masks) by the public—is an essential component of reopening and recovery…Testing enables reopening. Testing enables rehiring. Testing enables recovery.” Source: Forbes.
The signers of this letter included-
- David Kong of BWH Hotel Group
- Heather McCrory from Accor North America, Inc.
- Chris Nassetta from Hilton
- Chrissy Taylor from Enterprise Holdings, Inc.
- Jim Risoleo from Host Hotels and Resorts
- Pat Pacious from Choice Hotels International, Inc.
- Jonathan Tisch from Loews Hotels & Co.
- Geoff Ballotti from Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
- Mark Hoplamazian from Hyatt Hotels Corporation
- Arne Sorenson from Marriott International
- Elie Maalouf from InterContinental Hotels Group
- Roger Dow from the U.S. Travel Association
This letter has raised a huge question on the strategies followed to control and test people for COVID-19.
For more updates, stay tuned with us!