On Wednesday Ford confirms price slash on all the electric 2021 Mustang Mach-E SUV which is going to be built and delivered later this year.
Never heard before that an automaker had slashed prices on a brand-new vehicle that the company has promoted for its excellent market demand and rising popularity. On Tuesday, Ford warned dealers in a note about the cuts for the new Mustang Mach-E SUV.
Emma Bergg, Ford spokeswoman, stated that extraordinary value has forever been a trademark of the Mustang brand. Along with its vast all-electric driving range and performance, Mustang Mach-E pricing will prevail wholly competitive in a segment that is witnessing changing price.
She was also asked if the all-new Mustang is less competitive than promised earlier for which she completely denied and said they are focusing on offering maximum customer value. The Mustang made its debut in L.A. auto show in the month of November 2019. The Mach-E is produced in Cuautitlán Izcalli, Mexico. The car that promotes a range of up to 300 miles has created substantial enthusiasm. The company has denied saying how many orders so far have come in but said they’re steady.
The Mustang is to be delivered simultaneously across North America and Europe. Shipping time indicates that the U.S. will receive cars first with E.U. deliveries commencing next year, as stated by the company on Wednesday.
Ford did not acknowledge the further inquiries of how backorders might appear in price cuts or if the price cuts indicate new cost-savings tactics. The factories in Mexico closed down due to the COVID-19 outbreak, along with factories in the U.S.
Jon Gabrielsen, a market analyst, said that the situation is perplexing as in his four decade of career he hasn’t seen anything like this with massive order backlog and new launch with a price cut.
Even Tesla dropped the price of its Model Y within four months of it started delivering in March.