The Reliance Industries Limited Chairman Mukesh Ambani has been earning Rs. 90cr/hour since lockdown that started in March this year, as per IIFL Wealth Hurun India Rich List 2020.
Mukesh Ambani is the richest Indian for the 9th consecutive year, and his personal net worth has risen by 73% to Rs 6.58 lakh crore. According to the Forbes Billionaires list, Ambani ranks 6th with a net worth of $86.2 billion.
According to the report prepared by the Hurun in association with IIFL said that Reliance Industries stock price is in the top five at the global level. The 63 years old businessman has been selling stakes in telecom and retail arms recently.
Following are the few from the list of Indians(828) worth above Rs. 1,000 crore as of August 31st.
- Shapoorji Pallonji group’s Shapoor Mistry and Cyrus Mistry who are seeking approximately Rs 1.78 lakh crore for its 18% stake in Tata Sons.
- Adani Group’s Gautam Adani, who is expanding into several companies, saw a 48% growth in his fortune to Rs 1.40 lakh crore and jumped up two spots in rankings to be the 4th richest in the country.
- Hinduja Brothers are net worth Rs 1.43 lakh crore and were capable of holding the 2nd position notwithstanding a 23% decline, according to the list. They are followed by Shiv Nadar of HCL whose wealth rose 34% to Rs 1.41 lakh crore as per the report.
- Wipro IT company’s Azim Premji slid two spots to 5th in the list with a wealth of Rs 1.14 lakh crore. Cyrus Poonawalla, Vaccine king of India and chairman of the world’s largest vaccine maker Serum Institute of India, has seen a rise in wealth of about 6% taking it to Rs 94,300 crore and is at the 6th position.
- D-Mart’s Radhakishan Damani came into the top 10 with a 56% rise in fortune to Rs 87,200 crore.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank’s Uday Kotak saw an 8% decline in his net worth to Rs 87,000 crore, shifting one spot to being the 8th richest Indian.